Blackjack Odds Explained
Which Online Casino has the Best Blackjack Odds?
Rate it (51)
Unibet Casino NJ: FREE CASH PLUS DEPOSIT MATCH. Use the promo code UBCASINO10 when you register to get $10 free play. Get $500 deposit match using promo code UBCASINO500. T&Cs apply. Over 21s. NJ residents only.Read the Unibet Casino NJ review Claim Now
Rate it (31)
Virgin Casino: New customers only. 21+ T&Cs and wagering requirements apply.Read the Virgin Casino review Claim Now
Rate it (0)
Tropicana Atlantic City Online Casino: Read the wagering terms. New customers only. 21+ T&Cs and wagering requirements apply.Read the Tropicana Atlantic City Online Casino review Claim Now
Rate it (0)
888Casino NJ: New customers only. 21+ T&Cs and wagering requirements apply. NJ residents only.Read the 888Casino NJ review Claim Now
Rate it (31)
Harrah's Casino: New customers only. 21+ T&Cs and wagering requirements apply.Read the Harrah's Casino review Claim Now
Rate it (32)
Borgata Casino: New customers only. 21+ T&Cs and wagering requirements apply.Read the Borgata Casino review Claim Now
Rate it (0)
BetMGM Casino: Must use BETMGM bonus code NEWWORLD1. New customers only. 21+ T&Cs and wagering requirements apply.Read the BetMGM Casino review Claim Now
Rate it (0)
PlaySugarHouse Casino: New customers only. 21+ T&Cs and wagering requirements apply.Read the PlaySugarHouse Casino review Claim Now
Rate it (0)
Caesars Casino: New customers only. 21+ T&Cs and wagering requirements apply.Read the Caesars Casino review Claim Now
|Hand Value||Probability of Going Bust %|
How To Play Blackjack To Win
- Be Aware Of House Edge - Both land-based and online casinos will always have at least a small edge over you, the player. This is simply the nature of the beast and is one of the reasons why you’ll never see a casino going out of business. For example, you’ll have to play first. Therefore, if you go bust, you’ll automatically lose the hand even if the dealer goes bust two seconds after you. Make sure you understand all aspects of the house edge before you start playing.
- Different Variations = Different Rules - Don’t just assume that because you’re playing blackjack all of the rules will be the same as the standard version. If you go in with that mindset it will be a recipe for disaster. There are far too many versions to list here. However, the games you’re most likely to encounter are Blackjack Surrender, Atlantic City Blackjack, Double Exposure Blackjack, and a few others.
- Blackjack Strategies - As with all games, there are several betting systems on the market claiming to give you a better chance of winning. First of all, forget counting cards. Not only is it against house rules but you basically have to be a math genius in order to work out the percentages. However, there are certain legal strategies which can increase your chances - such as basic blackjack strategy. You can also use cheat sheets since the dealer can’t see you.
Blackjack Tips for Beginners
- Increase Your Stakes Slowly - Firstly, start playing with small stakes. If you go in all guns blazing on your very first hand and try to win half a million there’s a good chance you’re going to leave the table with your tail between your legs. Respect the game and try to get an understanding of how it works. Blackjack is a fun game to play, our advice would be to play through a minimum of 50 hands on the lowest stake before you start increasing the size of your bet.
- Understand the Percentages - Obviously, the main aim of this game is to get to 21. Therefore, it’s extremely important that you fully understand the odds. For example, if you’re sitting on 18 and you choose to hit there’s a good chance that you’re going to go bust. However, if you’re sitting on 11 or less you literally can’t lose by taking one more hit. Do your research and don’t play blindly. It’ll pay off in the long term.
- Focus On Yourself - It’s easy to make rash decisions based on what other players are doing. For example, if somebody at the table raises the stakes significantly it might send a shiver down your spine. However, it doesn’t really matter what the players around you are doing. You’re playing against the dealer and nobody else. Always keep this in mind before you make any decisions. This is one of our golden rules in regards to blackjack.
Blackjack Odds Chart
Play Real Money Blackjack
Blackjack Odds FAQs
What are the odds of winning blackjack?
There are many factors that will affected your chances of winning a hand of blackjack. Your hand, the dealer's hand - and the rules can all impact the outcome. See our full strategy guide above for more details.
Should I use a blackjack odds chart?
It is certainly a helpful tool to have - and we have a free one you can use above. However, we recommend a blackjack strategy chart that shows you the optimal strategic play for that hand. This will lead you to more fruitful results and reduce the house edge to its minimum.
Is a blackjack odds calculator useful?
In some situations - yes. But once again, a basic strategy chart is more useful as it gives you the best plays possible for what the dealer has.
What is the blackjack games with the best odds?
To find the game with the best odds, we want to look at blackjack games with the best house edge. Single deck games where the dealer stands on soft 17 boast a house edge of just 0.18%. See above for more info on house edge.
Win up to 1,000xPlaytech's Quantum Blackjack deals out big multipliers (Win up to 1,000x)13 Jan 2020 Read more
Cheap CardsWhich casinos have free blackjack games?13 Jan 2020 Read more
NJ's FinestBest Atlantic City Blackjack Casinos13 Jan 2020 Read more
Master 21Blackjack Rules Explained: The Ultimate 21 Guide13 Jan 2020 Read more
21MPHEvolution Speed Blackjack Review: Quick and Slick13 Jan 2020 Read more
Latest TipsHow to win European Blackjack (Rules & Strategy)21 Oct 2019 Read more
SpicySpanish 21: A Blackjack Fiesta?21 Oct 2019 Read more
Blackjack 101Blackjack Betting Limits: What are the must know facts?21 Oct 2019 Read more
Blackjack 101Bankroll for Blackjack: How to manage your money21 Oct 2019 Read more
Overcome the 1%What is Bluejay's Half-Bankroll blackjack strategy?21 Oct 2019 Read more
Beat the dealerHow to win Double Exposure Blackjack21 Oct 2019 Read more
Garden StakesWhat is Atlantic City Blackjack? (Rules & Strategy)14 Oct 2019 Read more
Best 21 Strategy?What is the Parlay Betting Method? (Rules & Strategy)14 Oct 2019 Read more
Cracking the mythsBlackjack Betting Systems that Work: The Definitive List14 Oct 2019 Read more
21 Master ClassWhat is the Martingale Betting system?14 Oct 2019 Read more
Best Strategy?What is the Labouchere Betting System?14 Oct 2019 Read more
Blackjack StratsWhat is the D’Alembert Blackjack Method?14 Oct 2019 Read more
Blackjack 101What is a Positive and Negative Blackjack Progression Betting System?14 Oct 2019 Read more
More from 21?Online Pontoon: A Better Blackjack Alternative?14 Oct 2019 Read more
Viva Las VegasVegas Strip Blackjack: Why do Blackjack pros choose this version?14 Oct 2019 Read more
Beat the competitionBlackjack Tournaments: How to Play and Win14 Oct 2019 Read more
Blackjack Master Class1-3-2-6 Betting System Guide: How to generate better returns using this strategy14 Oct 2019 Read more
21 on autoWhere to play NetEnt Perfect Blackjack30 Sep 2019 Read more
21 SwitcherooWhat is Exchange Blackjack? (Rules & Strategy)16 Aug 2019 Read more
White Flag?When should you Surrender in Blackjack?02 Aug 2019 Read more
Risk vs RewardsHigh stakes vs low stakes: Which blackjack table limit is best for you?08 Jul 2019 Read more
Up your OddsHow to increase your Blackjack odds of winning: Best tactic to use08 Jul 2019 Read more
21 Pro TipsThe Science of Doubling Down in Blackjack (Essential Tips & Strategy)03 Jul 2019 Read more
New Table GamesMicrogaming Redefines the Gaming Experience with Two New Table Games26 Jun 2019 Read more