Blackjack strategy: does it work? And can you improve your odds against the house? Let's take a look in our full guide.
- Blackjack Strategy Chart
- Simple Blackjack Strategy
- Blackjack Strategy Single Deck
- How To Win At Blackjack
- Blackjack Tips For Beginners
Best Online Blackjack Strategies
Blackjack Strategy Chart
A soft hand is one with an ace which may count as one or eleven points. This is the ‘soft’ strategy:
Simple Blackjack Strategy
- Always split Aces and always split 8s
- Never split 10s or 5s
- Double 11 if the dealer has 2-10
- Hit or double soft 17 (Ace-6)
Blackjack Strategy Single Deck
How To Win At Blackjack
- Learn the rules. This may seem obvious, but a firm grasp of the jargon and what you can and cannot do will seriously improve your game.
- Follow the strategy. As we mentioned earlier, you can reduce the house edge with a few simple tips. This will not guarantee a win, but in the long run, you’re much more likely to come out on top more frequently.
- Practice, practice, practice. The only way to get better at the game is to play it.
- Know when to quit. Research states that around 75% of players in a casino will be winning at some point, but only 4% go home a winner. Be one of the 4%.
Blackjack Tips For Beginners
- Start small. Losing big early on can make you bet more to try and recoup your losses. This is never a good strategy.
- Don’t listen to other people at the table. When playing live casino blackjack, a lot of players love to chat and give advice. Let them talk. Blackjack is just you against the dealer, so as long as you follow the basic strategy, you’re playing the correct game.
- Don’t pay insurance. This is basically another new bet with new money based on whether or not the dealer has blackjack. The house has almost a 6% edge with an insurance bet, rather than a 1-2% edge in regular play.
- The most important tip of all- HAVE FUN!
What is the best blackjack strategy?
Aim for games with the lowest house edge - aim to use a strategy chart when playing blackjack games.
What is a blackjack strategy chart?
A blackjack strategy chart shows you the most optimal play for your hand based on what the dealer has. Following a strategy guide, you can decrease the house edge to its maximum limit.
What is the basic strategy in blackjack?
Splits aces and 8 - hit on hard 11 and below - always stand on soft 19 or more.
These are very basic pointers for basic blackjack strategy. For more detailed tips, read the above strategy guides.
Is there a blackjack strategy table?
Yes, we have three tables available on this page. Please scroll up to see a full list of optimal strategies to use.