What is the Labouchere Betting System?
Which Online Casinos offer Live Dealer Blackjack?
Virgin Casino: New customers only. 21+ T&Cs and wagering requirements apply.
Borgata Casino: New customers only. 21+ T&Cs and wagering requirements apply.
Unibet Casino NJ: FREE CASH PLUS DEPOSIT MATCH. Use the promo code UBCASINO10 when you register to get $10 free play. Get $500 deposit match using promo code UBCASINO500. T&Cs apply. Over 21s. NJ residents only.
Tropicana Atlantic City Casino: Read the wagering terms. New customers only. 21+ T&Cs and wagering requirements apply.
Labouchere Betting System Explained
For example, at the blackjack table this would mean that for every time the dealer wins a hand, you will roughly win the same amount of hands.
Understanding the Labouchere Betting System
Using this line of numbers, you then take the far left number and the far right numbers, add them together and this forms the amount you need to bet on a single hand of blackjack.
- If you can cover the left-hand number then you must risk this amount. If you win then you should cross off the number. Conversely, if you lose you add that number to the right-hand side of the line.
- If you can't cover any bet then wager what you can and if you win then subtract that amount from number on the left. Additionally, if you lose then you must quit the game.
Applying Labouchere at the Blackjack Table
- You start with 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1.
- You then wager two units and win, cross off the 1 on the left and right, leaving 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1.
- You then wager another two units and lose, adding a 2 to the right, leaving 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 2.
- You then wager three units (1+2) and lose again, adding a 3 to the right, leaving 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 2 3.
- You then wager four units (1+3) and win, crossing off the 1 on the left and the 3 on the right, leaving 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 2.
Is the Labouchere betting system for blackjack only?
The Labouchere is not just for blackjack - it has also been used in sports betting and baccarat.
Can you win 100% with Labouchere betting strategy?
No blackjack strategy can guarantee a 100% win rate - but a strategy such as the Labouchere does add an interesting new dynamic to your betting.
Is there a Labouchere betting system calculator?
At this time, we do not have a calculator for the Labouchere betting system. We recommend using a free play version of a blackjack game and testing the strategy out there.
23 January 2020
06 May 2020
12 May 2020
21 May 2020
09 June 2020
In this Story Stream
A Sweet DealBank Holiday Weekend Casino Bonus: Choose Cash or Spins at Mayfair CasinoRead more
Wednesday BoostGet a Midweek Casino Cash Boost with Mayfair Casino (50% bonus)20 May 2020 Read more
Grand & RoyalPlaytech Grand Royale tables unveiled20 May 2020 Read more
Water WondersAtlantis Slots Review & Bonuses: Well worth a dive 💦20 May 2020 Read more
The Only Way is TutJohn Hunter and the Book of Tut Slots Review: Egyptian Excellence?20 May 2020 Read more