Pai Gow Poker Strategy
How to Play Pai Gow Poker
- Before receiving any cards, you must place your bet. At an online Pai Gow casino, select your digital chips and place them on the table.
If you’re playing against a live dealer, there will be a window of time before the cards are dealt. You need to place your bets before this time runs out. Be sure to respect the table limits.
- The dealer will issue each player with seven cards. She’ll then deal herself seven cards.
- You should make two hands from your seven cards. One will be the ‘front hand,’ and the other will be the ‘back hand.’ You should have five cards in the back and two cards in the front.
- The front hand should be the weaker of the two. For example, if you had two pairs, one consisting of 5s and one consisting of Aces, the 5s would go forward as your front hand. In this example, if you had three other random cards which didn’t help make a higher hand, they’d go with the 5-card back hand.
- You have to win both hands to win, and lose both hands to lose. If you lose one and win the other, it’s a push. Pushes happen quite often and significantly slow the pace of Pai Gow Poker as compared to some other card games. This leads to a more relaxed, social game.
- After the winner is decided, payouts are made, and the dealer issues new cards. As you can see, Pai Gow is a fairly simple poker variant, which is part of the reason for its enormous popularity. Even if you’ve never played before, you’ll pick it up in no time.
How to Set a Pai Gow Hand
- If you only have one pair in your hand, play it in your high hand. Make sure the other two highest cards are in your low hand.
- If you have two pairs, and they’re either a pair of Aces, two high pairs, or a high and medium pair, you should split them.
- You should always split two medium pairs or one high and one low pair unless you have an Ace.
- It’s wise to split one medium and one low pair, or two low pairs, unless you have a King.
- Always split quads into two pairs if they are high cards (Jacks or above).
- Keep low card quads together (6s or below).
- With medium card quads (7s-10s), split them unless you also have an Ace.
- If you have a Full House, play the pair in your 2-card hand and the 3-of-a-Kind in your 5-card hand. The exception will be if you have a second pair, in which case you should play the higher two-pair as your low hand.
Pai Gow Poker House Way
Pai Gow Side Bets
Pai Gow Poker House Edge
Pai Gow Poker Online
Which Online Casinos can I play Pai Gow Poker at?
Unibet Casino NJ: FREE CASH PLUS DEPOSIT MATCH. Use the promo code UBCASINO10 when you register to get $10 free play. Get $500 deposit match using promo code UBCASINO500. T&Cs apply. Over 21s. NJ residents only.
Virgin Casino: New customers only. 21+ T&Cs and wagering requirements apply.
23 January 2020
06 May 2020
12 May 2020
21 May 2020
09 June 2020
- £1,500,000 in prizes: Daily Drops & Wins is here 🤑
- Guaranteed prize in bet365 Games Win or Spin
- Reel Combat 💪 10 winners, £1,000 in prizes
- Atlantis Slots Launch 💎 Win up to 5,000x your staked bet
- Street Fighter II Slots Launch 🥊 New from NetEnt
- Limited Offer: 50 Street Fighter II Free Spins at Mr Green
- Gems of Adoria Slots Launch 💎 Latest NetEnt Slot
No Deposit Required
21+ and physically present in NJ only. T&CS apply.Claim your Unibet Casino Bonus
100% cashback up to $100
Choose from over +200 games
New customers only. 21+ T&Cs and wagering requirements apply.Claim your Virgin Casino Bonus
Risk-free $100 Play.
Deposit $100. If you lose, get your refund.
Read the wagering terms. New customers only. 21+ T&Cs and wagering requirements apply.Get your Tropicana Casino cashback
$20 No Deposit
Claim $20 free + 100% up to $600
New customers only. 21+ T&Cs and wagering requirements apply.Claim your Borgata Casino No Deposit Bonus
$25 No Deposit
$25 Free + 100% up to $1,000
Must use BETMGM bonus code NEWWORLD1. New customers only. 21+ T&Cs and wagering requirements apply.Claim your PlayMGM Bonus