What is a Positive and Negative Blackjack Progression Betting System?16 August 2019 Read more
16 August 2019 21 Master Class
Best Online Blackjack Strategies
It’s important to remember that unfortunately there are no fool-proof ways to win at blackjack. The house will always have a 1-2% edge over any regular player. But never fear! We have compiled the best online blackjack strategies right here to improve your knowledge of the game and help increase your chances of winning.
Plus we’ve listed the top blackjack casinos around. After reading this, you’ll no longer be just a regular player, and you’ll be ready to win more playing.
In this article, we’re going to explore the nuances of the game. We’ll cover beginners’ tips, simple strategies, how to win, and much more.
If you’re ready to learn how to play like the pros, then read on!
Blackjack Strategy Chart
This handy blackjack strategy chart will help refine your game. Print it or copy it out and keep it beside you as you play.
H = Hit
S = Stand
D = Double
SU = Surrender (if available)
SP = Split
A hard hand is one that either has no aces or has aces that are forced to count as one point. This is the ‘hard’ strategy where the dealer must stand on soft 17.
Note: value of dealer’s up card is along the top (2 - A). Player’s hand value runs down the left side.
A soft hand is one with an ace which may count as one or eleven points. This is the ‘soft’ strategy:
Here is when you should and should not split:
Simple Blackjack Strategy
The charts above are a simple blackjack strategy for how to play the game when the dealer has to stand on soft 17. It has no relation to a blackjack betting strategy. As you can see, there are clear rules to abide by regardless of whether you are a beginner or seasoned pro.
A couple of things to note are:
- Always split Aces and always split 8s
- Never split 10s or 5s
- Double 11 if the dealer has 2-10
- Hit or double soft 17 (Ace-6)
Many strategies will talk about hot streaks and cold streaks, but the only real variables in the game are you and the cards. The dealer plays a part, but they have rules to follow. You have no control over the cards, but you do have control over YOU. If you can stick to this simple strategy and not deviate when you’re on a ‘cold streak’, then you’ll be playing against the lowest possible house edge.
Blackjack Strategy Single Deck
It’s worth noting that the strategies discussed here are blackjack strategy for single deck games. Most online casino blackjack sites will offer many different versions of the game, some of which will have multi-deck variants. This means that there are many more cards available, which translates to a slightly more complicated strategy. We recommend sticking to single deck blackjack until you’re a seasoned veteran. If you find a free version of a multi-deck game, it’s worth trying out just to experience the difference.
How To Win At Blackjack
Being closer to 21 than the dealer is the easiest answer when someone asks how to win at blackjack. But we know there’s slightly more to it than that.
As we mentioned at the beginning of this article, there are no sure-fire ways to win. But you can always improve your chances.
Here are our top tips for winning at blackjack.
- Learn the rules. This may seem obvious, but a firm grasp of the jargon and what you can and cannot do will seriously improve your game.
- Follow the strategy. As we mentioned earlier, you can reduce the house edge with a few simple tips. This will not guarantee a win, but in the long run, you’re much more likely to come out on top more frequently.
- Practice, practice, practice. The only way to get better at the game is to play it.
- Know when to quit. Research states that around 75% of players in a casino will be winning at some point, but only 4% go home a winner. Be one of the 4%.
Blackjack Tips For Beginners
The best advice for anyone just starting out, as mentioned above, is to learn and understand the rules of the game. The best way to do this is to check out the ‘blackjack rules’ section of your chosen casino website. This will explain the intricacies of their particular game and how the software operates.
Once you’ve internalised the rules, make a copy of our simple blackjack strategy (mentioned earlier in this article) and follow it exactly. This will enable you to remove a lot of the house advantage.
When you’re playing, here are a few blackjack tips for beginners to remember-
- Start small. Losing big early on can make you bet more to try and recoup your losses. This is never a good strategy.
- Don’t listen to other people at the table. When playing live casino blackjack, a lot of players love to chat and give advice. Let them talk. Blackjack is just you against the dealer, so as long as you follow the basic strategy, you’re playing the correct game.
- Don’t pay insurance. This is basically another new bet with new money based on whether or not the dealer has blackjack. The house has almost a 6% edge with an insurance bet, rather than a 1-2% edge in regular play.
- The most important tip of all- HAVE FUN!
SpicySpanish 21: A Blackjack Fiesta?16 August 2019 Read more
Blackjack StratsWhat is the D’Alembert Blackjack Method?16 August 2019 Read more
Best Strategy?What is the Labouchere Betting System?16 August 2019 Read more
Beat the dealerHow to win Double Exposure Blackjack16 August 2019 Read more
Safe BetGet 25% Blackjack Cashback in August at bet365 Casino14 August 2019 Read more
Golden TouchGold leads to big wins in Ladbrokes Casino Gold Wild Card blackjack offer14 August 2019 Read more
Blackjack BattleFlex your 21 skills in the LVBet Blackjack Marathon - Cash Prizes up for grabs09 August 2019 Read more
White Flag?When should you Surrender in Blackjack?02 August 2019 Read more
21 on autoNetEnt Perfect Blackjack aims to produce perfect results02 August 2019 Read more
Cheap CardsWhich casinos have free blackjack games?30 July 2019 Read more
Risk vs RewardsHigh stakes vs low stakes: Which blackjack table limit is best for you?08 July 2019 Read more
Up your OddsHow to increase your Blackjack odds of winning: Best tactic to use08 July 2019 Read more
21 Pro TipsThe Science of Doubling Down in Blackjack (Essential Tips & Strategy)03 July 2019 Read more
Black-JackedHigh stakes blackjack player lands stunning £1,820 win on two hands26 June 2019 Read more
Defying all oddsHigh stakes blackjack pro crushes odds with $2,455 win26 June 2019 Read more
New Table GamesMicrogaming Redefines the Gaming Experience with Two New Table Games26 June 2019 Read more